Descent of the Holy Spirit parish, Holden (town)

The church land (3 lots) was acquired in 1942 on the outskirts of Holden. The wooden church was built in 1943 (66’ x 28’) and there is a church hall. The cemetery (6 acres of land) was acquired in 1945. The church residence was bought in 1952 for $6,500.00. In 1958 there were approximately 150 people. The Parish was looked after by the Basilian Fathers from 1932 until 1949 (Fr. Eugene Bilyk, OSBM). The permanent records are kept in Camrose since 1986. The Parish has its own parish council and UCWL. There were two vocations: Fr. John Kratko and Fr. Cyril Mykytiuk, OSBM. The Eparchial clergy who served the community: Fr. Demetrius Baziuk (1951-1957), Fr. Bohdan Lozynsky (1957-1963 ), Fr. Roman Hankewych (1963-1964), Fr. Oles Zachariasewych (1969-1984), Fr. Richard Zuback (1985-1986), Fr. Myron Pyszcz (1987-1990), Fr. Peter Brezden (1991-1992), Fr. Mihajlo Planchak (1993-1998), Fr. Ron Hollohan (1999), Fr. Vasyl Nykyforuk (2000-2008), Fr. Slavko Dumeč (2008-2013), Fr. Greg Faryna (2013-2017), Fr. Mark Bayrock (2017-).